a. For a long time, the value of coins was equivalent to the amount they contain metal. In this regard, there was a problem - the crooks cut small pieces of metal from the edges to make them into new coins. The solution offered Isaac Newton, who was a part-time employee of the British Royal Mint. His idea was very simple - cut in the edges of the coins of small lines, because of which stesannye edge would be immediately apparent. This part of the coins issued so to this day and is called the edge.
2. English footballer Ivor Brodis still the youngest player-coach in the history of England Championships. In 1946, when he led the club Carlisle United, he was 23 years old. And 3 years later he sold himself to the club Sunderland for 18,000 pounds - a very serious at the time of transfer amount.
3. In October 2010, Germany completed the payment of reparations for World War I imposed on it under the terms of the Treaty of Versailles.
4. A few centuries ago, none of the basic monetary unit of the state is not equal to 100 coins. The world's first detsimalizatsiyu held Russia - in 1704 the ruble was equated to 100 kopecks.
5. We are accustomed to that money are only metal and paper. But the money was originally quite a different form. So in Burma until the 20th century were used as money in the salt and tea tile, Mexico - bags of cocoa beans. Also, money in different countries were: tobacco, dried fish, rice grains, corn.
6. Statistics: More than 92 % of Russians keep their money home in cash. On average, every Russian family keeps house 860 U.S. dollars. At the same time 77% of families are worried about the safety of their cash savings, because statistics in Russia every 3.5 minutes is burglary.
7. Russian Book of Records says that our domestic ...
8. The most popular denomination banknote in the world is worth EUR 500. Because of this, last year had increased by almost 2-fold release of bills of 500 euros.
9. In Russia, the most expensive money can be considered the gold coins weighing 1 kg, which the Central Bank publishes one or two times a year. Face value of each such coins - 10 000 rubles, and that's why they need to be made par everywhere!.
10. Best Way dollar bills in the U.S. - 1 and 20 dollars, and in other countries - $ 100.
11. In 1999, Romania has issued polymer banknotes in denominations of 2000 lei, dedicated to the solar eclipse of 1999. The bill is a map showing the locations of Romania, where the eclipse was 100 percent. At the moment of a polymer plastic banknotes put into circulation in Australia, Brazil, Brunei, Western Samoa, Malaysia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Thailand.
12. There were not only round coins. In the first quarter of the 18th century created a copper ruble, which had a square shape. Each side of it was almost 20 centimeters. And the weight of this coin was a half pounds.
13. The leader among the smallest of money in Russia is a long time coming from the treatment poludenga, which corresponded to a quarter and a penny less than 0.2 grams vesivshaya.
14. In 1949, Frank X. McNamara went to dinner with friends. If it did not have enough cash to pay the account. This greatly upset Frank, and he swore to myself that this is no longer with him will. With this occasion Frank had the idea to create a universal credit card. So there was a Diners Club.
15. Banknote of 100 000 $ 1934 model is the largest denomination issued. It is not widespread and has been used for a variety of transactions between banks.